Monday, July 11, 2011

Menu plan Monday

So this is another one of those things I have been meaning to do for a long time now. Menu planning. My husband and I have been married for 3 years and have never been consistent or gotten in to a night time routine that included cooking dinner. Not to say that we never cook, we just get take out much more often.

In our defense, we did always have good excuses for not cooking....for the first 2 years of our marriage I was still in nursing school. I would either get home late from work after going to school all day, or be studying all night. Or both. Then I graduated from school and we did better with cooking. Except on the nights that I worked. I don't get home until 8 p.m. So we would always tell ourselves that it was too late to cook as we walked out the door to McDonalds, Arbys, wherever...

Now that baby K is getting older, we really want to teach her healthier eating from the beginning. So this is my way of making us cook every night. From now on, eating out will be a special treat and no longer a frequent occurrence.

So here is our plan for this week:

Monday - chicken ceasar salad

Tuesday - leftover roast beef from Sunday - this is such an easy crock pot recipe! Perfect for busy families. You just use 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 soup can water, 1 pack of dry French onion soup mix, salt, pepper, Tony's seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder (seasoning to taste). Cook on low for 8 hours. Ready when you get home from work!

Wednesday - pizza (for my birthday!)

Thursday - jambalaya

Friday - tacos

Saturday - Spaghetti

Sunday - leftovers

I am going to make sure I post this as www.orgjunkie.com so that I have to stick to my week's plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment