Wednesday, July 13, 2011

3 Things

I was reading a magazine article last night that said that every night before going to bed you should remember 3 things from your day that made you happy. This is supposed to help calm worries and help you sleep better. Well, after staring at my ceiling for an hour and a half last night when I should have been sleeping, I thought tonight would be a great night to do this. Here goes:

1. My amazing family and friends. I realized just how lucky I was today when I was responding to the 100+ Facebook "happy birthday" posts I received today.

2. My daughter. This is a given and will be on my list every day. But today just seeing her face light up when I walked in the room was enough.

3. The city of New Orleans. I spent the day acting as a tourist in my own town by walking through the French Market and Riverwalk. The city's feel and beauty never ceases to amaze me.

Well that was easy today! I know there will be days when remembering 3 things that made me happy that day will be difficult. And I know that on those days, doing this exercise will be been more important.

What 3 things made you happy today?

No comments:

Post a Comment